Job Title: Pharmacist
Job Duties: Pharmacist On Demand LLC dba Liberty Pharmacy in Austin, Texas is seeking Pharmacists to dispense prescription drugs, provide information to patients about medications and their use.
Job responsibilities and duties include:
- Manage prescriptions of regular, work comp, auto injury, 340-B, home-health, nursing home patient prescriptions, HIV, Hep C, Oncology, Dermatology, Rheumatology, Medicare Part B patients (transplant patients) and other specialty medications.
- Verify accuracy of prescription and fill orders.
- Implement working standards for retail and specialty prescription.
- Evaluate physician medication orders for appropriateness of drug, dosage, potential interactions, route of administration and stability.
- Make recommendations for therapy changes to the physician and nursing staff as appropriate.
- Work with patient medical information to conduct drug utilization review (dur) on all prescriptions and review clinical edits to ensure there is no adverse drug interaction.
- Maintain patient database to include appropriate current and past medical history, and concurrent medication.
- Reconcile controlled substances log(s) with inventory on hand and prescriptions dispensed to comply with state and federal regulations.
- Instruct policies and procedures for the safe procurement, storage, distribution and use of drugs and biologicals, as well as disposal of drugs to staff.
- Ensure compliance with the rules, regulations and laws of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Texas Board of Pharmacy, Agency for Health Care Administration, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), Office for Civil Rights (HIPAA), Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services, and the third party payers.
Master’s degree in Pharmacy, Pharmacology, Pharmaceutical Sciences or a related field of study plus at least one (1) year of experience in the job offered or any related position(s).
Qualified applicants must also have demonstrable proficiency and knowledge with the following:
- Possess valid Pharmacist License by Texas State Board of Pharmacy
- Dispensing and processing of prescriptions
- Counsel patients on medications
- Administration of injectable medication
No travel. No telecommuting.
- Job Site: 8650 Spicewood Springs Road, Suite 106, Austin, TX 78759
- Mail Resumes To: Pharmacist On Demand LLC dba Liberty Pharmacy, ATTN: HR, 8650 Spicewood Springs Road, Suite 106, Austin, TX 78759
- No calls or emails. EOE.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship